Eléonore represents her clients before the French Courts and before the French and European trademark offices. She also advises them in all the IP aspects of their business activities, including in drafting their contracts and managing their rights.
Eléonore’s clients are mainly engaged in the industries of film and entertainment, e‑commerce, clothing and fashion accessories, travel, luxury goods, aeronautics and in the oil industry.
She has developed specific experience in subjects spanning both trademark law and copyright law.
Eléonore is a graduate of Paris II-Panthéon Assas University.
She has been a member of the Paris Bar since 1997, and was awarded a certificate of specialization in Intellectual Property and in New Technologies, IT and Communications Law by the Paris Bar. She was voted Best Lawyer for France in Medias in 2017 by Best Lawyers.
Professional experience: Duclos, Thorne, Mollet-Viéville & Associés Partner since 2005 Associate from 1997 to 2004
Eléonore is a lecturer at CEIPI (Centre d’Etudes Internationales de la Propriété Intellectuelle) on trademark infringement proceedings.
- President of the French Group of AIPPI since 2017
- Secretary of the French Group of AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Industrial Property) since January 2013
- Chair of the Standing Committee of AIPPI on Trademarks since October 2014
- Member of the Communications Committee of AIPPI since October 2014
- Member of the Board of Directors of APRAM (French Association for Trademark and Design law practitioners) since January 2012
- Member of the Editorial Committee of the INTA Bulletin (International Trademark Association) until the end of 2015
- Member of AAPI (French Association for Attorneys specialized in Industrial Property).
- “Trademark law reform : Judicial proceedings” – Journée d’actualités du CEIPI , May 14 2020
- “Reform of proceedings in trademark law ; means of defense, the importance of use – Webinar CEIPI/COMPINew trademark law, April 30 2020
- “EU contractual authors rights : French point of view” – Conference in Mc Gill, Montreal, Canada organized by AFPI, CIPP, ALAIn, February 26, 2020
- “Conflitti di interessi per gli avvocati – Situazione in Francia”- AIPPI Italia – Milan, December 18, 2019
- “Implementation of Trademark Directive 2015/2436 in France” – Trilateral seminar AIPPI – Paris, 4 avril 2019
- “How to keep content safe when it travels to the European Union and in particular France ?” – Los Angeles Copyright Society – 13 février 2019
“Trademark Package: main changes” – GRAPI – Lyon – January 12, 2016
“Free-riding and parasitism” – AIPPI – Toronto – September 17, 2014
“The new borders of design: between fashion and technique” – AFI DESIGN – Milan, March 20, 2013
“Bainbridge on the Bridge” – Speaker, APRAM, July 3, 2012
“Interplays between author’s rights and trademarks” – Moderator, INTA 2012 Annual Meeting (Washington), May 7, 2012
“Conflicts between trademarks and titles” – Moderator, INTA 2010 Annual Meeting (Boston), May 25, 2010.
Trademark reform : new aspects in infringement proceedings, Légipresse, April 2020
Editor of Genuine Use of Trademarks and co-author of French Chapter – AIPPI Law Series- Wolters Kluwer
Various articles in the INTA Bulletin and in the AIPPI eNews
Contribution for France to “Trademark Litigation” – European Lawyer reference ( 2013, 2017)
“Interplay between copyright protection and trademark protection in France” (INTA Bulletin – October 1, 2013)
“Can I quote this headline? (fair use)” – Managing Intellectual Property – September 2011 – France
“Does it matter if the judge laughs?” – Managing Intellectual Property – November 2010 – France