Thomas represents his clients before the French Courts and before the French and Community trademark offices. His clients are principally engaged in the industries of pharmaceuticals, biotechnologies, health, automotive equipment, electronics and luxury goods.
Thomas is a graduate of the Grenoble University in Intellectual Property and New Technologies Law (1996).
He has been a member of the Paris Bar since 2000, and was awarded a certificate of specialization in Intellectual Property by the Paris Bar.
Professional experience: Duclos, Thorne-Mollet-Viéville & Associés Firm Partner since 2008 Associate from 2000 to 2007
- AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property):
- Co-president of the permanent Commission for “patents” of the French Group (2013-2015)
- Reporter for the French Group on Q 238 entitled “second medical use and other second indication claims” (2014)
- Member of the permanent Commission on Q 243 entitled “Unified Patent Court (UPC)” (2014)
- Reporter for France and Co-chair on Q 232 entitled “The relevance of traditional knowledge to intellectual property law”
- Member of EPLAW (European Patent Lawyers Association);
- Member of APEB (Association of European patent professionals)
- Presentation of the Directive on the protection of trade secrets (AIPPI – French, German, Polish Seminar)
- Theory and performance of the French infringement-seizure (APEB)
- Opposition and infringement action (APEB)